Monday, July 7, 2008

Dall'America a Italia

So I finally booked my flight from Milwaukee to New York a few days ago. It was kind of a weird feeling to be booking a one-way ticket, but it was still exciting.

The plan is to catch my flight in Milwaukee that leaves at 6:55 am (let's add lack of sleep to the insanity that is sure to ensue) and arrives in New York at 10:00 am on the 3rd of September. This should give me plenty of time to grab my bags and find the AFS volunteers that are supposed to meet us at LaGuardia airport. At some point between then and 2:00, we'll have to make our way to the hotel that we'll be staying at for the gateway orientation in NYC. The gateway orientation is overnight, so on September 4th we'll catch a flight from New York to Zurich, Switzerland. We won't get there until the next day because the flight is over 12 hours long! From there, we have to catch the connecting flight that will fly us into Rome, Italy. If I remember correctly, we'll have a 2-day orientation in Rome, and then it is on to our host families. I'm not sure if I'll have to catch a train or maybe even another flight since Crevoladossola is over 6 hours from Rome. By this point, it's likely I'll be completely deaf from my ears popping so much, haha.

From what past AFSers have said, the gateway orientation in NY is really boring, but Rome should be a blast. It will be so surreal to meet everyone that has been talking about going to Italy for months now. I'm still freaking out about the Italian, probably because I hardly know anything. Between now and September I'll have to find the motivation to get through my Berlitz tapes AND read all the materials I bought. Should be fun...heh, heh.

Au revoir et Aimer Toujours.

No comments: